Wednesday, June 4, 2014

COOOOOKIIIIIEEES!

So this coming Saturday is our housewarming and in true Williams style, we're waiting til the last minute to get everything in our house in order.  We've been sitting on household to-do's for-ev-er. Last night we finally switched out all the light switches/electrical outlets + face plates... Because we had to shut the power off for a few hours, I ended up not doing a workout DVD bc we didn't turn it back on until 8pm!  Ugh.  I hate breaking routine, just makes it difficult to get back on schedule IMO. I digress... also, photos need to be framed (at least we have everything printed now), and then we have to hang everything!!  oh ya and prep the food for the party, aaaagggghhh.

I digress.  So, last night I prepped a cookie dough for our party that I've never made before but thought it would be a good idea... Triple Chocolate Cookies!!  Oh yea...so the dough is in the fridge, ready to be baked Saturday AM; the dough was way yummy, so I am excited to share the results.  Here is the  original recipe for triple chocolate cookies; in my next blog post, I will show my edits, though I did not deviate much from the recipe.

As mentioned previously, I made these Iced Oatmeal Cookies.  I think they turned out pretty well!  They sure did make a lot...i suppose the recipe could be halved since it calls for 2 eggs, but whatever.  I know Andy and I ate more than our fair share, but we managed to give some to his dad/stepmom for their travels to Reno.  I was pretty pleased that I didn't deviate too much from the recipe...



So when I saw the pretty pictures on the website, I imagined biting into those yummy Mothers Cookies iced oatmeal cookies you get at the grocery store.  The cookies I made were similar, but not really a true comparison.  Mothers Cookies are crispy cookies; the homemade ones were soft.  I was still very happy with how yummy they turned out, but simultaneously disappointed since I had this idea of how they were going to turn out based on the photos from the website.

As mentioned in the recipe, it ended up making 3 dozen cookies! The glazing is a bit time consuming, esp if you have 36 cookies! I think i OD'd on cookies because some would break so of course, I had to eat the remains.  Andy really liked them, so I suppose it's a winner!  Pretty straight forward recipe which is great.  Maybe next time I will bake a little longer for a crispier texture, who knows.  With so many recipes to try, I may not have enough time!

I also made Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies, which Andy & I liked so much we're going to have them on the cookie tray this weekend for the housewarming.  We should have given those away too, but alas, this is what happens when you make cookies on Fridays!!  I was well behaved though and maybe only had a couple out of the ~2 doz. it made.  The first round of cookies came out good but I want to tweak a couple things and verify some suspicions when I make them again... the peanut butter I used made the dough really greasy (and even the final baked product had greasy bottoms!)  Weird, but apparently a common problem when you read the blog comments, so I bought new peanut butter at Costco so I could make again, so I anticipate either two blog posts next week or a twofer post.

I'm trying to be consistent and post weekly on Wednesdays. Seems to be a good day to post. I will also eventually get to making some of the requested recipes y'all have sent me, just hasn't been the right venue yet. Eventually, I will get up to speed on learning Andy's fancy Canon camera so I can take fancy food photos and post here too.  All in due time, maybe 2014, maybe 2015, who knows lol.  Stay tuned, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment